EARLY CHILDHOOD SPECIAL EDUCATION
Preschool programs are provided training and technical assistance in a variety of areas including curriculum development, selection and use of materials, exemplary models and promising practices, inclusion, interagency coordination, and assessment.
- Sesame Street in Communities
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is a professional membership organization that works to promote high-quality early learning for all young children, birth through age 8, by connecting early childhood practice, policy, and research.
- Early Childhood Texas
- PEIMS Codes Preschool Interactive Decision Tree – Region 20 ESC
- The Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) is focused on promoting the social emotional development and school readiness of young children birth to age 5. CSFEFEL is a national resource center funded by the Office of Head Start and Child Care Bureau for disseminating research and evidence-based practices to early childhood programs across the country.
- The Division for Early Childhood (DEC) promotes policies and advances evidence-based practices that support families and enhance the optimal development of young children (0-8) who have or are at risk for developmental delays and disabilities. DEC is an international membership organization tor those who work with or on behalf of young children (0-8) with disabilities and other special needs and their families.
- Center for Parent Information and Resources
- The Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Intervention for Young Children (TACSEI) takes the research that shows which practice improve the social-emotional outcomes for young children with, or at-risk for, delays or disabilities and creates FREE products and resources to help decision-makers, caregivers, and service providers apply these best practices in the work they do every day. Most of these free products are available right here on our website for you to immediately view, download and use.
- Texas Education Agency Preschool - Early Childhood Education in Texas
- Texas Education Agency - SPP Indicator 7
- The Special Education Information Center (SPEDTex) works collaboratively with stakeholders to provide resources and facilitate collaboration that supports the development and delivery of services to children with disabilities in our State.
- The Center for IDEA Early Childhood Data System SPP 7 Online Training Modules
- The Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center is funded by the Office of Special Education Programs to improve state early intervention and early childhood special education service systems, increase the implementation of effective practices, and enhance the outcomes of these programs for young children and their families.
- National Center for Pyramid Model Innovations is funded by the Office of Special Education Programs to improve and support the capacity of state systems and local programs to implement an early childhood multi-tiered system of support to improve the social, emotional, and behavioral outcomes of young children with, and at risk for, developmental disabilities or delays. The goals of the Center are to assist states and programs in their implementation of sustainable systems for the implementation of the Pyramid Model for Supporting Social Emotional Competence in Infants and Young Children (Pyramid Model) within early intervention and early education programs with a focus on promoting the social, emotional, and behavioral outcomes of young children birth to five, reducing the use of inappropriate discipline practices, promoting family engagement, using data for decision-making, integrating early childhood and infant mental health consultation and fostering inclusion.
- Conscious Discipline is an evidence-based, trauma-informed approach. It is recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) and received high ratings in 8 of 10 categories in a Harvard analysis of the nation’s top 25 social-emotional learning programs. The Harvard study’s authors say, “Conscious Discipline provides an array of behavior management strategies and classroom structures that teachers can use to turn everyday situations into learning opportunities.
- TEA Early Childhood Education in Texas
- Texas Health and Human Services - Early Childhood Intervention Services has hundreds of programs and services that help more than 7 million Texans a month live better lives, and it’s our strong foundation of dedicated people who make it happen every single day. Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) is a statewide program within the Texas Health and Human Services Commission for families with children birth up to age 3, with developmental delays, disabilities or certain medical diagnoses that may impact development. ECI services support families as they learn how to help their children grow and learn.
- Partners Resource Network Partners Resource is a non-profit agency that operates the Texas statewide network of Parent Training and Information Centers [PTI’s are funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)].
- Children's Learning Institute (CLI Engage) is a comprehensive professional development, assessment, and quality improvement platform for early care and education programs in Texas. Since 2003, the Children’s Learning Institute (CLI) has been implementing and studying large-scale interventions in early education. In 2014, in partnership with the Texas Education Agency, CLI formed an ambitious idea: to build a cost-effective, digital delivery system that could disseminate early childhood program improvement tools across the state. This innovative e-learning and data utilization platform became known as CLI Engage.