As an Educational Specialist for Special Programs, I serve the districts in the following areas:
1. Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (DAEP) – The purpose of this fee service is to assist with positive behavior, school climate and culture, classroom management, effective discipline and behavior strategies in working with students, discipline and classroom resource assistance, and positive behavior counseling techniques for the classroom teacher.
2. Paraprofessional/Support Staff - The purpose of this fee service includes training in the following:
· Professional attire in the workplace
· Professionally speaking with administrators, teachers and other co-workers
· Professionally speaking with parents
o greeting them
o making them feel welcome at school
o helping them communicate with their child, teachers, administrators, and other school personnel
· Following through with requests from administrators, teachers and other co-workers
· Professionally respecting administrators, teachers, parents, other co-workers, and students
· Providing positive feedback to administrators, teachers, parents, other co-workers, and students
· Communicating with people visiting or calling the school.
· Proper and effective manner of answering telephone.
· Communicating in a positive manner with administrators, teachers, parents, other co-workers, and students (verbally and non-verbally)
· Communicating high expectations towards the academic achievement of all students
· Maintaining a positive attitude in order to motivate high achievement from students in the school setting
· Communicating proper behavior expectations to students in the cafeteria, on the bus, in the classroom, hallways, playgrounds, and assemblies
· Using positive verbal exchange, body language and written communication to bring forth ideas and make corrections with the students without “pushing anyone’s buttons” or getting those buttons pushed
· Developing and promoting lifelong learner skills
3. Crisis Recovery - As a National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA) specialist I am able to come to the districts whenever a tragedy has occurred and students, staff, and/or parents have the opportunity to exam the events which occurred involving a member of the district or community. I will also assist and do follow up with parents and students after a “Shattered Dreams” Program has taken place in the district using the NOVA technique of debriefing.
4. Counseling - Upon requested by small districts with limited resources and/or counselors.