Simulation is a complete range of semi-interactive driving simulation to prepare a participant to safely drive land vehicles including passenger cars, vans, buses, police cars, emergency vehicles, tractor trailers, and heavy goods vehicles. The curriculum is an extensive library of programs for the semi-interactive simulators and Computer-Generated Imagery (CGI) “scenarios” for interactive simulator systems developed in close collaboration with nationally recognized traffic safety professionals. Training is standardized, therefore verifiable. Each student masters the same safe driving techniques in a controlled, safe environment.
Benefits of Simulation:
- “Hands-on” student training/practice time increases.
- Fully interactive systems allow students to practice difficult maneuvers repeatedly until mastered and physical/mechanical conditions (such as shifting) can be extensively practiced.
- Potentially threatening situations and adverse weather/road conditions are “experienced” in complete safety.
- Perceptual and cognitive skills are learned and practiced.
- Student performance can be measured, recorded, and assessed to provide guidelines for succeeding phases of driver training.
Larry Thornton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Eddie Carmon, email@example.com