TxCHSE, is the new testing department at TEA. AED offers the High School Equivalency test through two providers, Pearson VUE which is computer based testing (CBT) only and HiSET© available in both CBT and paper based testing (PBT). In order to take the TxCHSE, an examinee must meet the following requirements:
- 16 yrs old: ONLY can test if they have a court order with the docket number and judge’s signature on it AND have a valid government issued identification card with photo and date of birth.
- 17 yrs old: MUST have withdrawal papers from the last school attended, parent permission form completed AND have a valid government issued identification card with photo and date of birth.
- 18 yrs old or Older: MUST have a valid government issued identification card with photo and date of birth.
- Be a resident of the State of Texas.
- Be officially withdrawn from school and must not have received a high school diploma from an accredited high school in the United States.
- Registration must match all information on valid identification used for testing
Regardless of the examinee’s age or circumstance everyone must bring their valid ID (i.e. TX DL, TX ID, US Passport) with photo and birth date information to each testing session or the examinee will not be allowed to test. No Exceptions.